Welcome Jon Lycett-Smith's blog!

I'm a Sheffield based illustrator and writer, who's recently left the games industry after 8 years of relative security, and once again decided to fling himself into the choppy waters of the world of commercial illustration.

On the right hand side of the screen you can see the link to my Portfolio. There you'll find samples of the illustration, character design, concept art and graphic design I've carried out over the past 15 years or so.

If you'd like me to draw some really nice stuff for you, and want to pay me to do it, please don't hesitate to contact me using the details on the right of the page!

Friday 8 October 2010

It’s in the bag…

A few months ago I was approached by Bag it Don’t Bin it to design some colouring in bags for the Chatsworth House shop.

I’m a big fan of Chatsworth house and their commitment to artistic endeavors, so this one was a real pleasure to do.
Julia Gash has been making beautiful cloth shopping bags in a battle to curb the use of supermarket plastic carriers for some time now and chances are that you either own one of her bags, or know someone who does.

Working on these bag designs was an opportunity for me to back two excellent causes while having a lot of fun in the process.

(reposted from here, 10th september 2010)

No comments:

Post a Comment