Welcome Jon Lycett-Smith's blog!

I'm a Sheffield based illustrator and writer, who's recently left the games industry after 8 years of relative security, and once again decided to fling himself into the choppy waters of the world of commercial illustration.

On the right hand side of the screen you can see the link to my Portfolio. There you'll find samples of the illustration, character design, concept art and graphic design I've carried out over the past 15 years or so.

If you'd like me to draw some really nice stuff for you, and want to pay me to do it, please don't hesitate to contact me using the details on the right of the page!

Monday 24 December 2012

Season's Greetings!



It's been a hectic year, and one way or another I've neglected this blog to a shocking extent.  This is largely due to my taking on the role of stay at home parent to our daughter Ivy, who was born in October 2011.
I've kept up my illustration work, initially only in evenings and weekends and then spreading into the afternoons that she began to spend at nursery.

During this time I've still managed to squeeze in two Children's book apps for Iphone (which I'll be writing about in the next couple of weeks) and a card game...but inevitably something had to give, and in this case it was the upkeep of this blog...although you only have to look at it to see how shockingly relaxed I was with regards to updating it in the first place.

Anyway, I'm back...and my new year's resolution will be to start blogging regularly.  Firstly though, let me take this opportunity to wish you all a Merry Christmas, a Happy New Year, and all the happiness and success that you deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment